||2 days 08h00 to 16h30 (1 hour lunch)
||Learners successfully completing this course are able to identify and select, utilise, and maintain power hand tools on a work site.
||The training programme is aligned to unit standard 12878 Use and maintain Power Hand Tools on a construction Site NQF level 01.
- The techniques of using different power hand tools are explained. Angle grinder, brush cutter, drill, concrete vibrator, jack hammer, electric saw, welding machine, whackers (weed eater).
- Identify and select Power hand tools. Power Hand tools are identified in terms of the work function they were designed to perform.
- Power hand tools are selected according to site conditions and the task to be performed.
- Additional implements that could be used to perform the same task are identified in terms of workplace safety requirements
- Personal protective equipment is selected according to the work functions to be performed
- Techniques for using the Power hand tools are demonstrated in terms of statutory requirements
- Consequences of unsafe working practice are explained in terms of potential harm to self and others.
- Maintaining Power hand tools. Cleaning storage, cutting edges and points.
- Damaged or broken parts are repaired, replaced or reported in accordance with company procedures
||ABET level 4 (Basic reading, writing and arithmetic). Medium of instruction and training materials are in English.
|Min/max number of learners
||Minimum: 8 learners per course
Maximum: 25 learners per course
|Who Should Attend:
||Any employee required to use, maintain store or supervise the use of power hand tools in the workplace.