|Duration:||1⅟2 day (8 am to 4:30 pm) (1-hour lunch break)|
|Summary:||The course is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the legal requirements in terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of South Africa.|
|Accreditation:||Amokoro Training is CETA accredited against unit standard 120344 Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant current occupational health and safety legislation NQF level 04.|
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of the relevant legislation.
2. Explain the requirements for compliance as stipulated in the current legislation.
3. Determine the management controls required under legislation to achieve compliance.
4. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of record keeping required by the legislation.
5. Explain the legal obligations of the employer in terms of training and communication.
|Entry requirements:||Communication at NQF Level 02, Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 02. Medium of instruction and training materials are in English.|
|Min/max number of learners||Minimum: 8 learners per course
Maximum: 20 learners per course
|Who Should Attend:||All employees whose duties include a need to understand the requirements of the Occupational, Health and Safety Act, team leaders, supervisors and management.|