First Aid Level 1 to 3
|Duration:||5 days 08h00 to 16h30 (1 hour lunch)|
|Summary:||A modular course for employee’s who are appointed as first aiders within their
workplace where the risk assessment calls for a more advanced level of first
responder. The course is based on international emergency scene management
standards in accordance with the latest first aid protocols.
|Accreditation:||Unit standards 119567 Perform basic life support and first aid procedures, 120496
Provide risk based primary emergency care/first aid in the workplace and 254220
Provide primary emergency care/first aid as an advanced responder
Approved by the Chief Inspector Department of Labour, CI No. 575
1. Introduction to First Aid
2. The Scene Survey – Emergency Scene Management
3. CAB – One and Two man CPR, Adult, Infant and Child Emergency Scene
4. Secondary Survey – Emergency Scene Management
5. Bleeding Wounds Shock Identification and Treatment
6. Fractures Head and Spinal Injuries
7. Burns, Respiratory Emergencies
8. First Aid Facilities , Kits and Accident Reporting
9. Electrical Shock.
11. Casualty Immobilisation and Preparation for Transport, Rescue Carries
12. Chest Injuries and Eye Injuries, Pelvic and Abdominal Injuries
13. Environmental Illness and Heat Related Injuries
14. Diabetic Emergencies, Poisons, Bites and Stings, Fits and Seizures
15. Multiple Casualty Management – S.T.A.R.T Triage
16. Apply Legislation in the Workplace and Manage Safety in the Workplace
17. Management of Toxic Hazards
18. Care of First Aid Facilities and Completing Documentation
19. Apply First Aid Management in a Confined Space and Emergency Birth
|Entry requirements:||ABET level 4 (Basic reading, writing and arithmetic). Method of instruction and
training materials are in English.
|Min/max number of learners||Minimum: 8 learners per course
Maximum: 20 learners per course
|Who Should Attend:||All employees who are tasked or appointed as first aiders at their place of work.
Any person who would like to attain advanced first aid skills. Care givers, teachers,
events security and related personnel.